Saturday, November 26, 2011

Our First Week At Home

   I am so embarrassed that this is my first post since the triplets arrived. The last 10 days have just flown by! What an exciting journey it has been. We had a wonderful experience at Good Sam Hospital. My friend Casey Casson was my nurse and I don't know what I would have done without her. She is an amazing person and has been nothing short of a God-send to me and my family. The surgery went off on time and everything went very smoothly. As I laid there on the operating room table I just kept thanking God as one prayer after another was answered. My anesthesia worked great, each baby came out pink and screaming, Craig was able to video tape and couldn't wipe the smile off his face. One of the nurses took some awesome pictures in the OR. My bleeding was controlled and I didn't get sick (Big Relief!!) Everything was perfect!


  My favorite moment was after the surgery when they moved me over to my bed and I opened my eyes just as they were placing each baby against my chest. Craig was right by my side. We had done it... Thank you Jesus... 3 healthy babies all in my arms... what an answered prayer... a blessing. Words just can't describe it.
   Our families were all able to come into the recovery room and welcome our little ones into the world. They each nursed within minutes of being in recovery. It was like the icing on the cake. I never dreamed that all three would be able to breastfeed so well.

   The rest of the hospital stay was fairly uncomplicated. The babies passed every test and screening with flying colors. There just wasn't any other way around it... it was truly amazing to see them thriving despite their early gestation and being triplets! I did have to receive blood due to my blood counts dropping, but it turned out to be a blessing as I felt so much better afterwards. I was finally able to keep my eyes open for a conversation.
     Big sister has been doing really well. As she says, "I'm so excited!" when we ask her if she's happy about the babies. She came to visit each day at the hospital and had a blast with her grandma, grandpa, and cousins while mommy and daddy were gone.

 We left the hospital together on  Saturday 11/19. Craig and I just couldn't help but laugh as we pulled out of the hospital parking lot in our newly bought minivan with our 3 kiddos. We are so thankful. Our families were at our house waiting for us when we arrived. It was a moment we had all been anticipating for so long. This day will always be marked as the beginning of our lives together as a family in our home with our loved ones around us.



 

2 comments:

  1. I filled that mini van up in one swoop! So happy for you. You guys are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pictures Jessie! Your babies (all 4 of them!) are SO adorable.

    ReplyDelete