Thursday, April 18, 2013

August- Happy Birthday Ms. Adalyn!... Surprise!!

   What a month! We arrived home from vacation and celebrated Addy's 3rd birthday the following week. What a blessing this child is to us. We are forever grateful for her and in awe of what a gift she is to us. Adalyn continues to be VERY verbal and can pretty much talk your ear off about just about anything! She is very funny and has quite the attitude! Just the other day she told me that her daddy and I were wearing her out after I had run down a list of things we had to accomplish before dinner!
  Adalyn is constantly playing with her brothers and sister which happen to be her happiest moments in life. Her favorite song is "God's not Dead", by the Newsboys, which she sings about 20 times a day at the top of her lungs with her arms outstretched to the heavens above as she worships! She loves the color pink (like her mother) and can be quite the girlie girl while at the same time she and her daddy can rough house it with the best of them. She loves to toss a "flip ball" (football), surf on her daddy's chest, learn the football refs signals for a complete and incomplete pass!, watch Nascar, and race her daddy around the house (which is against mommy's rules). Addy is convinced that she is the fastest in the family. Lately she has been obsessed with what letter words start with. It is actually quite impressive to hear her look at a word and tell you a word that starts with each letter. "Actually" is her favorite word, which Craig says she gets from me. She says it in about every other sentence! Adalyn recently learned the pledge of allegiance which she says with much enthusiasm and John 3:16. She loves preschool and is making lots of new friends. She got a tricycle for her birthday and loves riding around the driveway with her princess helmet on.
 All I can say is, since Adalyn was born 3 years ago, my life has been filled with more joy that I ever thought possible. I love this child...She makes my day...Makes me laugh... Teaches me so much about myself (both what I am doing right and so much about what I need to improve upon as a Mommy), and reminds me that each day is a gift from God.
 At Adalyn's party she got a little surprise. Her last gift was a box which she opened and a a bunch of balloons popped up! Inside was a beautiful Rapunzel doll with long golden hair. More importantly, on the outside of the box was a sign that said, "Expecting Bertsch Baby #5!! Yes...we were surprised too! With the triplets just 7 mths old, we found out I'm pregnant::) It took about 8 weeks for it to sink in before we told  our parents at 10 weeks. We feel very blessed, a bit overwhelmed, but totally in awe of God's awesomeness! Please pray for a healthy pregnancy. Due date is 3/19/2013!
   Here are some pictures from her 2 birthday parties.



  


 





            










No comments:

Post a Comment