Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10/18/11 Not yet kiddos...

 Oh how I wish I could say that I was writing this post from the comfort of my living room, but unfortunately I'm sitting in a hospital bed at Good Samaritan Hospital. I guess I've know this day would eventually come, but I just  thought sure I was going to dodge the bullet. 
 Yesterday at my scheduled fetal testing and ultrasound I began having frequent contractions. I was hopeful that the contractions would quickly space out and my cervix would not change, but instead they seemed to be getting more intense. My doctor checked me and found that my cervix was beginning to dilate at 1 cm and 50% thinned. After several hours of monitoring, I received Brethine but the contractions continued. My exam revealed that I was now 2 cm and 70% thinned.... a sign that I could be kicking into labor.A medication called Magnesium Sulfate, which I had really hoped to avoid, was started and slowly the contractions started to space out. 
  I am now only contracting occasionally and feeling pretty good. There is no doubt the Magnesium doesn't make you feel the best, but it is working and I'm thankful for that! It's kind of hard to tell what the plan is from here... one doctor thought I'd be admitted for a couple days, and another doctor said 2 weeks, so I'm just going to take one day at a time and pray that the right decision is made for me and the babes! 
 The babies all look great on the monitor and don't seem to be bothered by the magnesium. Please pray for their continued growth and development and hopefully my little uterus... take that back... BIG uterus won't get too anxious to vacate these little ones!
  If you'd like to call my room # at the hospital it is 513-862-6311. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment