Thursday, October 20, 2011

Steps in the right direction

 I am so thankful to be able to write with more news of God's blessing on us. My contractions responded well to the Magnesium, and despite some headaches, I tolerated the medication very well. After being on the medicine for almost 24 hrs, I feel very fortunate that although Dr. Marcott initially agreed that I would be in the hospital for 2 weeks on the Magnesium,he later decided to turn it off and start me on another medication by mouth called Procardia. The benefit to this plan is that I if my body responds well to it, and the contractions remain irregular, that I may get to go home in a couple days!
  I'm have been doing great on the Procardia so far and have had only seldom contractions. 
(10 minutes later....)  My doctor actually just walked out the door and thinks I'll be able to go home tomorrow!!!! YAAAH! Now the challenge will be to be on my absolute best behavior at home so I don't get myself back in here! 
  God continues to answer prayers and bless our babies. They look great on the monitor and don't seem to mind the extra medication in mommy's system. It is really starting to hit me that it really could be any day now and each day is just a gift! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all of you who have been loving on us, thinking of us, and most of all praying for our family. We know that God knows the day and time of each babies birth and trust that it will happen in his perfect timing.
  I hope to have news that I am at home with my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment